Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Week 34 - Learning

I heard a funny story this week about babies in the womb. Apparently when they are strong enough and beginning to explore the world around them, they figure out that they can grab things with their hands...and what would you grab in a womb but the umbilical cord. So they've been known to grab the cord and squeeze, thereby cutting off the oxygen flow and passing out at which point they release the cord and everything is fine. Then they wake up and do it again. So at 34 weeks, our babies are already doing something they are not supposed to. They have become mischevious and curious about the world around them. I assume she wonders each night who is making noises at her through mom's belly. I tell her not to play with the cord...but she's probably already learning to tune me out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ivey its me abby she might have learned to tune you out but to me it seems she is so interested in the nosies around her that she wouldn't want to if you want to email me you can reach me at surfergal1996@hotmail.com