
So while I've generally viewed planning as tomorrow, maybe next week, at most next year...I've found my mind wandering way into the future and it scares me. Maybe all parents go through this sudden fog lifting realization that they are going to need money, and lots of it. Oh yeah, we've got retirement planning going but this is far more involved. We've got dresses up the wazoo, hair care products, dancing lessons, ice skating lessons and I don't even know what else little girls need. Now I'm looking 18 years into the future at some to be named college and how much it will cost. I plug in all my numbers on a spreadsheet and realize that the slightest tweak of an interest rate takes us from well in the black to bleeding red ink all over the place. So many unknowns. I woke up the other night realizing that given the general way girls marry older boys/men, that our son in law (god willing) is probably already out there somewhere crawling around on all fours. He's getting pictures taken that will end up in a slide show with our little girl on their wedding day as Maggie and I remember how it just seemed like yesterday the future was so far away.
1 comment:
Ivey, you are making me so emotional! Waiting for this baby to arrive is like a kid waiting for Christmas a hundred times over! See you soon... Love, Dotti
Post a Comment