
So Sydney arrived early and it will probably not be the last spontaneous thing she does. We had gone in for a routine checkup and a few hours later I was holding her in my arms, overcome. Some time later and with a little reflection on what had happened I ran into my father-in-law in the elevator as they arrived from a long drive to see their new granddaughter. He asked the obvious question, "What are you feeling right now?". I remember thinking I was feeling just about every emotion in the book from pure joy to wonder to fear to exhilaration. The only answer I could come up with to describe it was, "I'm feeling everything". For two weeks now we've been feeling everything. This includes new kinds of joy and also pee. Yes, we've been feeling pee as mom and dad figure out which diapers are the right size and how tight to put them on. Yesterday alone both of us changed clothes at least once. So while I initially thought my answer "feeling everything" would continue to grow day by day with new emotions, it's become clear that "feeling everything" will more likely include various new bodily fluids.
Mom has begun to play dress up as this picture captures :)
No comments:
Post a Comment