In the wake of the VT catastrophe I would have, in the past, probably focused solely on those students who had died that day and the young lives that were cut short. Now, I thought of those innocent children and immediately my thoughts turned to their parents and my heart aches for them. I think I've started the conversion to someone who will now worry for the rest of his life. I'll worry when people hold my little daughter; I'll worry when she steps outside for the first time; I'll worry when she rides her bike down the block and around the corner, out of sight for the first time; I'll worry when she goes out on her first date; and I'll worry when she heads off to school. My prayers go out each night for strength to the parents of those killed...I simply cannot imagine their pain, and I never want to.
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Week 33 - Worry
In the wake of the VT catastrophe I would have, in the past, probably focused solely on those students who had died that day and the young lives that were cut short. Now, I thought of those innocent children and immediately my thoughts turned to their parents and my heart aches for them. I think I've started the conversion to someone who will now worry for the rest of his life. I'll worry when people hold my little daughter; I'll worry when she steps outside for the first time; I'll worry when she rides her bike down the block and around the corner, out of sight for the first time; I'll worry when she goes out on her first date; and I'll worry when she heads off to school. My prayers go out each night for strength to the parents of those killed...I simply cannot imagine their pain, and I never want to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment