Sometimes I think the most interesting part of a photograph or anything creative is hearing each persons unique point of view. If you've been to a place in a picture, all those memories come rushing back. If you've ever had a little one, you would appreciate how worried a photographer could be about the resonating click of a shutter over a sleeping baby. Then there are the small things we each notice like a facial expression, or a pattern or something misplaced. So when I first uploaded this photograph, with a love of sports and a father in law who would shoot baseball every day if he could, all I could see was my little girl dreaming of the sign from the catcher and positioning her hands for a southpaw two seam fastball. And although I snapped a few pictures in time, the shutter was indeed my downfall. I'll leave it to the imagination what a waking baby does when she yawns, opens her eyes, sees no mommy or daddy and only a brightly colored flower four inches away that is bigger than her head.
Sunday, July 8, 2007
Week 8 - The Little Things We Notice
Sometimes I think the most interesting part of a photograph or anything creative is hearing each persons unique point of view. If you've been to a place in a picture, all those memories come rushing back. If you've ever had a little one, you would appreciate how worried a photographer could be about the resonating click of a shutter over a sleeping baby. Then there are the small things we each notice like a facial expression, or a pattern or something misplaced. So when I first uploaded this photograph, with a love of sports and a father in law who would shoot baseball every day if he could, all I could see was my little girl dreaming of the sign from the catcher and positioning her hands for a southpaw two seam fastball. And although I snapped a few pictures in time, the shutter was indeed my downfall. I'll leave it to the imagination what a waking baby does when she yawns, opens her eyes, sees no mommy or daddy and only a brightly colored flower four inches away that is bigger than her head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment