Everyone tells us how young children just want to do the same thing over and over again and we better prepare. Try peek-a-boo once, you better hold on because you're going to have to do it seventy five times. It was yesterday I started wondering if we create these little monsters by getting them used to repetition early. The book says you're supposed to talk to them and say words so they get used to language but I've run out of things to say. I've told her that too, repeating "I have nothing more to say" over and over again trying to make her understand. So then I started pointing out objects in the house...a table, a chair, the lamp. I've pointed out the same placemat about thirty times now. No wonder they want to do things over and over again when they're toddlers. I could stop but it's probably already too late and in a short time I'll be playing "Where's the placemat?" a hundred times over.Aunt Carrie visited for the big holiday which
Sydney marked by moving up a size in diapers to contain her own fireworks!
No comments:
Post a Comment