Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Week 5 - Simply Great

I think the picture at left sums up what can only be described as the purest joy of a great grandmother holding her great granddaughter for the first time. Not only a moment special in itself, but with one son and two grandsons this was her first time welcoming a Ms. Ivey to the family. (ok, she has two pretty good granddaughter-in-laws as well) While taking this picture I really thought of the incredible nature of what each of these two have and will experience. One grew up in London and experienced air raids nightly during WWII. One will graduate college around the year 2028. One was born around the inception of commercial air flight while the other is born on the verge of commercial space flight. Such a special treat to watch these two great women meet one another.



...and another lucky dad had the pleasure of joining the Father's Day club on Sunday. With Sydney dressed in a very posh "Daddy's Girl" onesie we spent the day staring at each other and going out for a bagel and coffee. She even managed to make a little photo book of our pictures together on Shutterfly. I'm fairly sure Mom helped out but she denies it :) Much like someone calling your new spouse your "wife" for the first time, I couldn't help but laugh and well up with pride when the young girl at the restaurant that night looked at me and said "Happy Father's Day!".

No comments: