Friday, February 6, 2009

One Smart Cookie

I've looked but can't for the life of me find the babycenter.com update that starts "Month 20 : This month your daughter will outsmart you....". We sat by the bathtub waiting for the water to fill up; Sydney waiting impatiently in a diaper holding her cloth ducky. I was trying to calmly explain that ducky is for sleeping with and taking it into the bath would not be good for ducky's "skin". Her dead stare spoke volumes. I explained further that if it was wet we'd have to leave it here and she'd have no ducky at all. She clutched it even harder. So I firmly stated "Duckies do not go in the bath". Sydney calmly stood up and walked over to the bath, looked around and pointed down to a floating Ernie holding his rubber ducky and looked up at me. I tried not to laugh but it was brilliant ... I had no comeback ... I'd been outsmarted by my 1 1/2 year old.

Postscript : Ducky did not go in the bath and I listened to crying for 10 minutes. My logic that daddy's socks don't fit her also doesn't seem to apply as you can see. Pictures are getting harder as she anticipates a flash at night and closes her eyes :)

No comments: