Honestly I felt resigned. I knew it was coming. I'd seen it for years and I think I'd joked about it as a young adult that my offspring were screwed. And on that note, I packed up Sydney and we headed on to her first eye appointment. At her sixth month appointment, the pediatrician had noted a head tilt and said it might have something to do with her eyes but we'd watch and see how it progressed. In knew it. I let out a deep knowing sigh then, so when the nine month appointment came and went it was no shock that it would potentially be her eyes. Tortocolis was the potential culprit, a word of which I'm still convinced is some sort of joke and has something to do with turtles. Of course, this was only the first I told myself, then the obligatory bad teeth for which we better just start a savings account now. We have an FSA and DCA, so why not a BSA (Braces Savings Account). Mom couldn't stand to go as she's averse to anything eye related. Like many parents we have our specialties listed out. I'm eyes, puking and blood. She's just about everything else. So I had the pleasure of sitting in the waiting room with 5 other mothers and their kids. I think I was getting looks of admiration but it could have been pitty. And after all was said and done, the dilation drops administered, the waiting in the room, the poking and prodding, incessant rubbing of her eyes, it turned out my resignation was premature. A sigh of relief as I heard the results. She checked out just fine and all we're left with is a mild case of tortocolis and a hope that her teeth come in straight.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Tortocolis
Honestly I felt resigned. I knew it was coming. I'd seen it for years and I think I'd joked about it as a young adult that my offspring were screwed. And on that note, I packed up Sydney and we headed on to her first eye appointment. At her sixth month appointment, the pediatrician had noted a head tilt and said it might have something to do with her eyes but we'd watch and see how it progressed. In knew it. I let out a deep knowing sigh then, so when the nine month appointment came and went it was no shock that it would potentially be her eyes. Tortocolis was the potential culprit, a word of which I'm still convinced is some sort of joke and has something to do with turtles. Of course, this was only the first I told myself, then the obligatory bad teeth for which we better just start a savings account now. We have an FSA and DCA, so why not a BSA (Braces Savings Account). Mom couldn't stand to go as she's averse to anything eye related. Like many parents we have our specialties listed out. I'm eyes, puking and blood. She's just about everything else. So I had the pleasure of sitting in the waiting room with 5 other mothers and their kids. I think I was getting looks of admiration but it could have been pitty. And after all was said and done, the dilation drops administered, the waiting in the room, the poking and prodding, incessant rubbing of her eyes, it turned out my resignation was premature. A sigh of relief as I heard the results. She checked out just fine and all we're left with is a mild case of tortocolis and a hope that her teeth come in straight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment